Thursday, June 20, 2013

June 20, 2013


It's always good to start a new letter. I'm also crossing page 100 of this 267 page collection. Progress often feels slow, but 100 pages is a nice milestone.

4 Marzo, 1894

Cara mamma,


Finalmente dopo tre settimane di attesa ho ricevuto la tua lunga e particolareggiata lettera di cui ti ringrazio.  Ho sentito con dispiacere la notizia della morte di Rossi.  Ho anche ricevuto una partecipazione, ma non ho mandato biglietti di condoglianza perche sarebbero arrivati troppo tardi.  Per la stessa ragione non ho risposto ai biglietti degli zii di Modena ed ora non mando biglietti ai Liuzzi per la morte del padre, che ho visto annunziata sul “Corriere”.  Hai fatto bene ad imprestare il vestito di paggio a Pesaudo.  Almeno e servito a qualche cosa.

Finally after three weeks of waiting, I received your long and detailed letter, for which I thank you.  I was sorry to hear the news of Rossi’s death.  I also received a [participation?], but I didn’t mail a condolence card because it would have arrived too late.  For the same reason I didn’t respond to the cards from my uncles in Modena and I’m not sending a card to Luizzi for the death of his father, which I saw announced in the “Corriere”.  You’ve done well to lend the [pageboy dress?] to Pesaudo.  At least it will be used for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment