Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3, 2012

Happy new year everyone! I'm starting back where I left off with Camillo...September 20, 1893. He's just told that joke about Chicago. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

September 20, 1893

Mi son ricordato di questa storiella ieri mattina quando dopo un ottimo viaggio di 14 ore sono arrivato a Minneapolis, una graziosa citta di 160,000 abitanti, pittorescamente situata sul Mississippi che pero qui non e ancora quel gran fiume navigabile che tutti conoscono. Mi sono ricordato di questa storiella perche confrontando Chicago con tutte le altre citta che finora ho visto negli Estati Uniti trovo che la metropoli dell’Illinois non e certo la piu simpatica.

I remembered this joke yesterday morning when after a perfect 14 hour trip, I arrived in Minneapolis, a gracious city of 160,000 people, situated in a picturesque location on the Mississippi, but here, its not yet the huge navigable river that everyone knows. I remembered this story because compared to all the other cities that I’ve seen up til now in the US, I find the great city of Illinois is not exactly the nicest.

No comments:

Post a Comment